Paul McLaughlin is a partner in Turning Point Law with his son, Andrew McLaughlin. Turning Point Law opened in 2004 as a boutique law firm that practices exclusively in Wills, Estates, Trusts and Professional Responsibility law.
Paul's practice focuses on Applications for Probate, Estate Administration and Professional Responsibility Law.
Andrew's practice focuses on drafting Estate Planning Documents including Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, Personal Directives and Trusts.
Paul is a member of:
- The Law Society of Alberta
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Edmonton Estate Planning Council
Paul regularly presents for:
- Legal Education Society of Alberta (LESA)
- Metro Continuing Education
Paul is the
- Former Practice Management Advisor and Practice Advisor for the Law Society of Alberta
- Past chair, Practice Management Advisors Committee, Law Practice Management Section, American Bar Association
- Author of Guardianship of the Person
- Author of Welcome to Reality: A New Lawyer's Guide to Success
- Author of numerous articles on law practice management
Paul lives in rural Strathcona County with his wife and dogs.